When was the last time you booked in a solo bathing adventure? This is not a whimsical way to spend a little spare time. This is an essential element of feel good for both body and mind. We need to go in with a plan to perfect this serious bit of relaxation heaven.
Read on for our top 8 tips to obtain bath time perfection.
1. Create the environment – A messy or un-styled bathroom is no haven. Put effort into creating a clean and welcoming bathroom. Luxe towels, clean surfaces and a nicely styled vanity creating a space that is a pleasure to enclose yourself in.
2. Disconnect – This is your time only. No phones, no children, no flat mates, no husbands and no cats. Let everyone know that this next ½ hour is a no-go zone and you are completely unavailable for any consultation, discussion or interaction. Your time alone.
4. Ambiance – Candles and desired relaxation lighting are an important element’s in planning the ultimate bathing experience. We have you covered with both our Relax and Elevate Soy Candles depending on your desired feeling. Light these up and turn the lights down. Inhale and breathe out.
5. Temperature – Optimal bath temperature is 35 degrees Celsius. We know you’re not going to be running for your thermometer so just run what feels good to you. If you like a hot bath- then leave a towel in the freezer to wrap around your neck. The drastic difference in temperatures jolt the body into your rem cycle.
6. The Essential Bath Soak – Depending on the physical and mental feeling of the moment the soak required may differ. Inspired Traders have two soaks to assist you.
The Elevate Bath Soak blend offers the detoxifying and hydrating benefits of mineral-rich Himalayan Salt combined with Epsom Salt to reduce inflammation and muscle soreness. Enjoy the invigorating essential oils such as Eucalyptus Orange and Bergamot enhance the energising experience along with the coconut oil beads finely blended with the salts to nourish the skin.
Take time to release tension and enjoy the calming, aromatic scents of our Relax Bath Soak blend as you feel each muscle slowly release. Coconut Oil beads finely blended with the salts will beautifully nourish the skin and calming essential oils such as Sandalwood, Patchouli and Vanilla enhance the therapeutic experience.
Add a desired amount of the Bath Soak into the bath under running water. To fully experience this uplifting scent, add the salts to the bath just before or when you are in the water.
Soak for at least thirty minutes to obtain the full tilt benefit of soaking away the day.
7. Libation – A nice crisp cold glass of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc whilst sinking into the warmth of the water? A full-bodied Hunter Valley Shiraz to sip and soak? If wine isn’t your thing, then tea makes an amazing bath accompaniment or a big glass of ice water to cool the body down. Our tip: Bring the bottle with you to the bath, we all know one glass isn’t enough.
8. Tunes – Music is individual though here are our top five bath time relaxation albums.
Nora Jones – Come away with me
Ministry of Sounds – Chill out Sessions
India Aria – Acoustic Soul
Jack Johnson – In Between Dreams
Compilation – Lazy Sunday
Now go forth and adventure to your bathroom. Take your knowledge and just….. stop.