You can determine the type of culture we have become by listening to the responses to the simple question “how are you?” Do we ever say, “just great!” A more typical response is likely to involve a lengthy diatribe of how many things that you have done and more importantly still must do.
Busy burn-out is not inspired life!
Answer this honestly. When was the last time you completely relaxed for 30 minutes of uninterrupted, no-guilt, time-out for yourself? Or an even heavier question – When was the last time you took an entire day (insert gasp!) just for yourself?
I could list all the reasons why this is the mother-load of treating yourself badly. But I won’t.
You know you need to relax.
You know you need to make relaxation a priority.
So Do It.
A little inspiration if I may.
Top 10 Time Outs
1. Book a Hotel for the Night – A nice one with room service, a spa, great views and a ridiculously huge bed. Indulge and forget everyone and everything else.
2. Blanket Day – If you don’t feel like getting out of bed…. Don’t. Call in sick and enjoy a day under the blankets. Stay in your pyjamas, read books and magazines and eat all meals from a tray on your lap.
3. Create Alone Time – Book a day/night away for the rest of the family. Pack their bags and wave them goodbye as you give your best Tom Cruise – Risky Business dance down the hallway.
4. Coffee Shop Time – Find a beautiful coffee shop with a great view and coffee that is near orgasmic. Settle in with a book and a running tab. Breathe in the caffeine; breath out the stress. Several pastry delights would enhance the coffee shop experience.
5. Beach Combing – Swimmers, sarong, book and a towel is all you need. Listen to hypnotic rolling of the waves, feel the breeze whisper over your skin as the sun’s warmth relaxes every muscle in your body. Lay walk or swim. Just enjoy the magic of being oceanside.
6. Shop without Intention – Wonder around your local shops. Just browse and appreciate the beautiful things you find. Buy if you want or just browse. Don’t hurry and take the time to find hidden treasures in the back corners. Make great conversation with the shop owners and learn about the products they spend their lives working on.
7. Read a book – All of it, cover to cover, every page, front to back in one sitting. (You want to really enjoy this book so choose wisely)
8. Find Your Flow – Flow, also known as Zone, is the mental state of operation in which a person performing an activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process of the activity. Flow can be characterized by the complete absorption in what one does. If you love a hobby or activity, then get your flow on!
See Our Blog Post Get a Flow State of Mind
9. Pamper – Book an appointment at your local spa for the works. You need a massage, facial, mani, pedi and everything else that is on that delightful menu intended to make your body, ergo your mind, feel fabulous.
10. Time – do yourself a favour and don’t reach the point of burn-out. Commit to taking a little time out for yourself at least a few times a week. Make it a habit and schedule it.
Are you going to take some time for yourself today?
Leave a comment below and let us know what you’re going to do?